Hi. It's been a while.
Life happened, and so this... thing fell by the wayside. But I kept racing. In fact, I finished the remainder of the Chicago Cross Cup and then some. Here's some of the highlights:
- Racing both days of Indian Lakes and beering the appropriate people so I could crash on their hotel room floor
- Competing in the inaugural race at the Big March Bike Park, doing four of six laps with a flat front tire, and still finishing 13th
- Placing 11th in the single-speed state championships
- Upgrading to cat4!
- Falling over on the beach at Afterglow, being unable to unclip, and flailing around on my back like a turtle for a while
- Somehow ending up ranked 4th for cat4 racers in the state
It was a good season. I met a lot of people, made new friends, and learned so much. Thank you all for that.
But 2017 is a new year, and with it comes new challenges. I'm going to change the format a bit this time, but I do hope to keep the fun going. Here's some of what's coming:
- Single-Speed Gravel Racing!
- Custom Bike Frames!
- Trans-Am Bike Race!
- More Cyclocross!
It's gonna be a good year. See you in a few weeks, there's some gravel with my name (blood) on it!